Microsoft released a press release today that should make gamers happy: no more internet requirement and less DRM on the Xbox One than they initially announced! See the official update here or this quote below – Xbox One preorders are still available from various online retailers.
- An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
- Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
Many users want to revert back to iOS 6 after installing iOS 7 while using the developer preview. So far, this process has been painless. Although this topic isn’t related to finding an Xbox One or Playstation 4, we thought it would be helpful for out tech loving readers to provide a few tips on how to rollback their iPhone OS. We are not responsible for any issues this guide might cause but it did work for us when we used the steps below to complete the rollback with the first version of iOS 7 (developer preview) installed on an iPhone 4S (these should also work on an iPhone 5 and iPhone 4:
- Start by downloading the latest version of iOS 6 for your device. You can do this by visiting the following site. Be sure to download the correct version for your phone and carrier. iPhone 5 devices will need to install 6.1.4 while other devices will need to use 6.1.3.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer that you used to install iOS 7 but this time when iTunes opens and it begins to sync, quickly cancel the process.
- Next, if your iPhone isn’t selected on the left hand side of iTunes, click on your device and then your device info should appear on the right side of the screen. Now on a Mac hold the Option key or on a Windows PC hold the shift key while clicking Restore.
- Now you should get a pop-up asking you to browser to your firmware. You will need to browse to the uncompressed version of iOS 6 that you downloaded in step 1.
UPDATE: Click HERE for the most recent Playstation 4 inventory status for online retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, FRYS, GameStop, Newegg and MORE!
Although this site focuses on the Xbox One, below is a list of where to find pre-orders for the PS4 along with the status of the online retailer:
- Amazon (accepting pre-orders, Knack bundle still available for launch day!)
- BestBuy (accepting pre-orders including in store pickup!)
- GameStop (accepting bundle pre-orders only, $459+)
- Newegg (auto notify for pre-orders!)
- Walmart (accepting pre-orders for launch day!)
Today at their two hour long E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One will debut this November in the US starting at $499. Plenty of preorders are available and updated on our site here.
According to Amazon, the Xbox Day One Edition will include the following:
- Xbox One – Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal.
- Kinect is included with every Xbox One. Completely reengineered to be more precise, responsive and intuitive with unparalleled voice, vision and motion technology
- The console is driven by a powerful combination of CPU, GPU and 8GB of RAM, governed by an innovative OS architecture, to deliver power, speed and agility
- Only Xbox One unleashes the vast and scalable power of the cloud for your games, entertainment and apps with Xbox Live
- With Xbox One, you can quickly jump from TV to movies to music to a game